Chester's Puffcorn Cheese
Taste test: This is the Frito-Lay version of Puffcorn, which is basically a cheese puff shaped sort of like an oversized popcorn kernel.
We've previously tasted similar products other snack companies, including Mike-Sells Puffcorn, Ballreich's Cheese Puffs and Shearer's Cheese Corn Puffs. Chester's version of Puffcorn seemed to have a slightly styrofoamy texture but it also had quite a lot of cheese, and after biting in, the styrofoam-like feeling didn't last long, as the entire Puffcorn melted in the mouth after a single bite. Out tasters were mostly impressed by these.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very strong cheese smell, similar to Cheetos, but just on the border of being too cheesy.
From the package: “Oven Baked” ... “Unlike Popcorn, No Hulls or Hard Kernels” ... “A Corny Poem from Chester Cheetah: Chester's™ the name, and Snackin's my game. These Puffcorn snacks are sure to gain fame. They're the puffiest, popable bites, from the north to the south ... With a crunchy corn taste and absolutely melts in your mouth. So taste for yourself this most cheesy treat. I'm sure you'll agree there's no other puffcorn to eat!"”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road