Cheez-It Crunch'd Hot & Spicy
Taste test: After bring quite disappointed with the taste cheddar flavor of Cheez-It Crunch'd, we were cautiously optimistic that this spicy version would be better. Other than the different flavor and a slightly darker color, these seemed to be the same in just about every way — which is also to say, different from what you probably think of as Cheez-Its in most ways. They were not crackers at all, but square cheese puffs made from wheat and corn, with a small hole in the middle of each piece.
We crunched in to find the same good texture as the cheddar ones, along with a vastly superior flavor. The bag showed a bottle of Tabasco Milder Jalapeño flavor hot sauce, and that tasty sauce brought these puffs some very nice flavor. The taste was moderately hot and quite zesty, a nice strong flavor. We shared these with lots of hungry snackers, and they ate their way through the bag as they heaped praise on the taste and texture.
Shop: Buy Cheez-Its on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice zesty, spicy cheese smell.
From the package: “The puffed up crunch you'll love to munch!” ... “Made with 100% real cheese” ... “Crunchy puffy and still 100% Cheez-It” ... “It's everything you love about Cheez-It® now puffed up and ready to crunch.” ... “Product of Mexico”
Online store: Buy Cheez-Its on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road