Cheez Doodles Extra Crunchy Queso Habanero
Taste test: We've enjoyed many very tasty hot cheese curls — as well as some that were hot but not particularly tasty — so the promise of a Queso Habanero flavor had us very eager to try this new one from Wise. It boasted the same "Extra Crunchy" claim as the Extreme flavor. The curls had a light orange color with some darker seasoning spots too.
It turned out the these curls were both hot and tasty, a very nice combination. They weren't really extra crunchy, just regular crunchy, like most crunchy cheese curls. One of our tasters for this one didn't expect quite so much habanero kick, and after eating about four pieces, she felt considerable heat for quite a long time (and didn't enjoy the heat at all). Beverages and even eating a Strawberry Twinkie didn't diminish the heat for her. For most people, the heat felt more moderate, and people enjoyed the taste a lot, with many people returning to the bag for extra handfuls.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheese and toasted corn smell.
From the package: “Remember recess? That time of day when you let loose, hung out with your friends and had no worries? Well, it still exists inside every bag of delicious Cheez Doodles. Tear one open and find out. We double dog dare you. Maximum Crunch. Maximum Flavor.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Wise Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Wise Cheez Doodles (18 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road