Wise Cheez Doodles Jalapeño Cheddar Poppers
Taste test: These fairly large, roundish cheese puffs had a good helping of bright orange seasoning, but unlike many similar snacks boasting both jalapeño and cheddar, there was no green to be found when we opened the bag. A much closer look at the puffs revealed some very tiny dark spots, but not many of them, and they were so small that it was hard to tell that the were green.
We crunched in to find that the relative lack of green didn't really mean anything as far as taste, because these things packed quite the jalapeño kick. The feel was crisp and not particularly soft, for a very nice texture. The mix of cheddar and intense jalapeño was really tasty, and the contrast of cheese and hot pepper made it hard to stop eating these. Excellent!
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot of jalapeño. Wow.
From the package: “Cheez Dudes®” ... “Keep on Poppin! Us Dudes are kickin' it up a notch with this little ditty. Cheese and Spice unite in these bite-sized puffed snacks to deliver complete sensation satisfaction. Grab a handful and join the excitement.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Wise Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Wise Cheez Doodles (18 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road