Cheetos Chili Pepper in Okinawa
Taste test: These Cheetos-shaped snacks had a light orange color with some darker orange spots, and they had a very tasty hot and sweet pepper flavor that was quite a bit different than any other snacks we've tried.
Many of our tasters thought the taste was actually pretty good, but not everybody liked these. There didn't seem to be any cheese that we could taste, and there was no cheese listed on the ingredients either, but the similarity in shape to cheese-containing Cheetos apparently was enough for Frito-Lay to apply the Cheetos label. (We were unable to reach Chester Cheetah for comment.)
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very tangy spicy smell, reminded me of Thai food.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Salt, Onion Powder, Soy Sauce Powder, Protein Hydrolysate, Garlic Powder, Tomato Powder, Dextrin, Vinegar Powder, Yeast Extract Powder, Red Pepper Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Green Pepper Powder, Seasoning, Flavoring, Acidulant”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published August 2009.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road