Cheetos Chili Pepper in Okinawa
Taste test: These Cheetos-shaped snacks had a light orange color with some darker orange spots, and they had a very tasty hot and sweet pepper flavor that was quite a bit different than any other snacks we've tried.
Many of our tasters thought the taste was actually pretty good, but not everybody liked these. There didn't seem to be any cheese that we could taste, and there was no cheese listed on the ingredients either, but the similarity in shape to cheese-containing Cheetos apparently was enough for Frito-Lay to apply the Cheetos label. (We were unable to reach Chester Cheetah for comment.)
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very tangy spicy smell, reminded me of Thai food.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Salt, Onion Powder, Soy Sauce Powder, Protein Hydrolysate, Garlic Powder, Tomato Powder, Dextrin, Vinegar Powder, Yeast Extract Powder, Red Pepper Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Green Pepper Powder, Seasoning, Flavoring, Acidulant”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (111 snacks)
- Snacks from Japan (169 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1020 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (420 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road