Cheetos Xxtra Flamin' Hot Crunchy
Taste test: These crunchy cheese curls should not be confused with the regular Cheetos Flamin' Hot, as they lived up to their name by being a scarier color (deep red, rather than orange-red) and impressively hotter. The curls were tasty and pretty hot upon biting in, and they kept getting hotter as I ate more, which I kept doing in between sips of lemonade. The lemonade was able to temper the heat only temporarily, so the increasingly hot aftertaste quickly came back in full force.
This kind was much harder to find than the regular Flamin' Hot — the only place we've seen them sold is in Chicago. That's probably because Chicago is home to Vitner's Sizzlin' Hot Kurls, which are a lot like these, with a similar color, equally impressive heat and a slightly different taste.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of tangy but not actually hot.
From the package: “Twice as hot!*” ... “Twice as hot compared to regular Cheetos® brand Flamin' Hot® Snacks.” ... “What's a serving? 21 Cheetos® brand Xxtra Flamin' Hot®” brand flavor Snacks make a serving. If you can handle all that heat, then wow! ... you're most deserving!”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (110 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1019 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (418 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at CVS Health. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road