Cheetos Xxtra Flamin' Hot Crunchy
Taste test: These crunchy cheese curls should not be confused with the regular Cheetos Flamin' Hot, as they lived up to their name by being a scarier color (deep red, rather than orange-red) and impressively hotter. The curls were tasty and pretty hot upon biting in, and they kept getting hotter as I ate more, which I kept doing in between sips of lemonade. The lemonade was able to temper the heat only temporarily, so the increasingly hot aftertaste quickly came back in full force.
This kind was much harder to find than the regular Flamin' Hot — the only place we've seen them sold is in Chicago. That's probably because Chicago is home to Vitner's Sizzlin' Hot Kurls, which are a lot like these, with a similar color, equally impressive heat and a slightly different taste.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of tangy but not actually hot.
From the package: “Twice as hot!*” ... “Twice as hot compared to regular Cheetos® brand Flamin' Hot® Snacks.” ... “What's a serving? 21 Cheetos® brand Xxtra Flamin' Hot®” brand flavor Snacks make a serving. If you can handle all that heat, then wow! ... you're most deserving!”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road