Cheetos Korean BBQ
Taste test: These were one of the more controversial snacks we've tried in a while.
Many of our regular tasters nearly revolted after we fed them these, because they found the taste to be, well, revolting. Things started out well with a bold bag design featuring an impressive depiction of Chester Cheetah doing a guitar solo. We opened the bag to find snacks in the usual Crunchy Cheetos shape, but with an overall pale yellow color, plus some brownish areas. This was one of those cases where some people refused to even crunch into one piece. Those who did were for the most part very down on the taste, with words like "terrible" coming up a lot. Some people did like them, though. The bag showed a small picture of some steak or maybe a pork chop on a grill, and we got the Korean words on the bag translated as barbecue, but it really didn't taste much like any BBQ flavor we've had. It was a mix of sweet and tangy spices, but a much different one than what we're used to.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of odd, but maybe a little like soy sauce.
From the package: “Produced Under License By Lotte” ... “Ingredients: Corn Flour, Wheat Flour, Seasoning, Vegetable Oil”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Non-cheese Puffs (129 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road