Cheetos Horneados Colmillos de Vampiro
Taste test: This Mexican version of Cheetos was supposed to be shaped like vampire fangs, but they didn't off-hand look like fangs because they were very dark red in color, which is quite different from the white (or something close) fangs that you tend to see on any vampire who sees his dentist twice a year. The shape was reasonably fang-like, and the size was about an inch long, which was reasonable to use as fangs to hold up to your mouth. Some of our tasters saw the shape and instead though that they looked like some body part other than fangs (which we won't mention). We crunched in to find that the puffs were crisp and soft, with lots of very hot and spicy seasoning.
The unusual thing about this bag of Cheetos was that it also included a packet of hot sauce — labeled as Salsa Colmillos (Spanish for fang salsa) on the front and Salsa Picante on the back. The salsa packet was a first for Cheetos that we're aware of, and it was a bit strange because the puffs were already plenty hot. We poured the packet out into a dipping dish to find it was also quite dark, almost the same color as the puffs. We dipped a few pieces into it, and was fairly hot, though no hotter than the puffs, with a bit of sweetness as well. The dip was kind of unnecessary, but it was good.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very zesty.
From the package: “¡Échales Salsa Chamoy!”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Snack & Dip Kits (55 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road