Cheetos Flavor Shots Flamin' Hot Asteroids
Taste test: Years ago, Frito-Lay had a whole line of Go Snacks in cans, designed to fit in your car's cup holder and then be poured directly into your mouth, including a Flamin' Hot Cheetos version. They stopped selling all of them. Now the Cheetos ones are back, but in a narrow, vertical bag instead of a can.
These Asteroids were small — much smaller than typical cheese balls — so it was east to pour a whole bunch of pieces into the palm of my hand. They were only very roughly spherical, with some pieces more irregular than others. They had lots of intense red seasoning powder.
There was a crisp, light crunch and an initial taste that was tangy but not hot. A middling heat arrived soon after, mixing well with the cheese, and staying around in the aftertaste. It was a tasty, hot flavor, pretty similar to the Flamin' Hot Crunchy Cheetos.
One thing of note here: Unlike nearly every other kind of Cheetos, Chester Cheetah was absent from the bag!
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much at all. Definitely nothing hot.
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- All Flavor Shots (7 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road