Cheetos Flavor Shots Flamin' Hot Asteroids
Taste test: Years ago, Frito-Lay had a whole line of Go Snacks in cans, designed to fit in your car's cup holder and then be poured directly into your mouth, including a Flamin' Hot Cheetos version. They stopped selling all of them. Now the Cheetos ones are back, but in a narrow, vertical bag instead of a can.
These Asteroids were small — much smaller than typical cheese balls — so it was east to pour a whole bunch of pieces into the palm of my hand. They were only very roughly spherical, with some pieces more irregular than others. They had lots of intense red seasoning powder.
There was a crisp, light crunch and an initial taste that was tangy but not hot. A middling heat arrived soon after, mixing well with the cheese, and staying around in the aftertaste. It was a tasty, hot flavor, pretty similar to the Flamin' Hot Crunchy Cheetos.
One thing of note here: Unlike nearly every other kind of Cheetos, Chester Cheetah was absent from the bag!
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much at all. Definitely nothing hot.
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (111 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- All Flavor Shots (7 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1023 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (420 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (123 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar General. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road