Chee-tos Puffs (retro bag)
Taste test: Nearly eight years after reviewing a throwback edition of Crunchy Cheetos, there's finally a corresponding Puffs version. I don't think the bag was completely authentic (there are some modern labeling requirement to be met), but in addition to the old Chee-tos logo, the bag had the early version of Chester Cheetah and the pre-1997 Frito-Lay logo. And the words "Dangerously Cheesy" were nowhere to be found!
The puffs looked just like the ones in the current-day bag, thick with long, arcing shapes and a good helping of fluorescent orange powder. I crunched in to find a fairly dense feel and soft crunch, with lots of very tasty cheese that also got all over my hands and face.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheese smell, but not very strong.
From the package: “Made with real cheese” ... “Cheese That Goes Crunch™” ... “Cheetos® is throwing it back to the bag that gave us cheesy smiles, cheesy memories and even cheesier fingers.” .... “8 servings per container” ... “Serving size About 13 pieces (28g)” ... “Limited Edition!”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Retro snack packages (17 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road