Chee-tos Puffs (retro bag)
Taste test: Nearly eight years after reviewing a throwback edition of Crunchy Cheetos, there's finally a corresponding Puffs version. I don't think the bag was completely authentic (there are some modern labeling requirement to be met), but in addition to the old Chee-tos logo, the bag had the early version of Chester Cheetah and the pre-1997 Frito-Lay logo. And the words "Dangerously Cheesy" were nowhere to be found!
The puffs looked just like the ones in the current-day bag, thick with long, arcing shapes and a good helping of fluorescent orange powder. I crunched in to find a fairly dense feel and soft crunch, with lots of very tasty cheese that also got all over my hands and face.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheese smell, but not very strong.
From the package: “Made with real cheese” ... “Cheese That Goes Crunch™” ... “Cheetos® is throwing it back to the bag that gave us cheesy smiles, cheesy memories and even cheesier fingers.” .... “8 servings per container” ... “Serving size About 13 pieces (28g)” ... “Limited Edition!”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (110 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (418 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Retro snack packages (17 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road