Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
Taste test: These crunchy corn curls had an orange color that was remotely similar to many cheese-flavored ones, with a light orange color generally, plus a darker shade in spots, but they didn't promise cheese at all, just some hot and spicy flavoring.
I crunched in to find a nice crisp crunch and a flavoring that was savory and tangy, quite tasty, though not really hot in the initial phase of eating. Some mid-level heat did arrive in the aftertaste, lingering briefly. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mix of peppers and spices, mildly hot.
From the package: “Prepared and packed in China by CFSS Co. Ltd.” ... “Produced in a factory where crustacean, egg, fish, peanut, milk and nut products are also handled.”
Online store: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Non-cheese Puffs (129 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road