Gold Emblem Abound Jalapeño Cheddar Style Corn & Quinoa Puffs
Taste test: Cheese puffs don't generally include quinoa, so this was definitely a new adventure in our cheese puff quest. One other notable thing was the word "Style" after "Cheddar" in the name, which was apparently their way of saying that there was no actual cheese (nor apparently anything dairy). The puffs were somewhat thin, with varying lengths and curvatures, a light orange color generally, plus some scattered splotches of a darker orange — but not your typical cheese puff bright orange in either case.
I crunched in to find a crispy, fairly dense feel that was nicely crunch, with a very nice taste of both jalapeño and cheese that was different from most other similar described snacks but worked really well. The burn of the jalapeño was in the medium range, but it worked really well to spice things up. As for the quinoa, I don't know whether it much affected the taste, but if it did, it wasn't for the worse. As for the lack of actual cheese, I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't already known, and although wasn't the cheesiest taste, it worked. Very good.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of weird, but mildly cheddary and a hint of jalapeño.
From the package: “We always knew quinoa was a powerfully nutritious superfood. But it wasn't until we created our Jalapeño Cheddar Style Corn & Quinoa Puffs that we were knocked over by its mighty goodness. These perfectly spicy, deliciously flavored light and airy corn and quinoa puffs are so finger-licking good that you'll be at the bottom of the bag before you know it.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (245 snacks)
- Quinoa Chips (26 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road