Better Made Sizzlin Hot! Cheese Crunchy
Taste test: Like the other Detroit-area snack companies, Better Made offers a hot version of their crunchy cheese curls. These ones had a good helping of red seasoning on the yellow corn curls, but the red didn't cover quite everything as it does in some similar products.
I crunched in to find a loud crunch but a slightly stale feel, with a flavor that was so good that it more than made up for it — the perfect mix of cheese and hot peppers, sufficiently delicious that I refilled my plate of curls twice while doing this review. They were pretty darn hot, but the mix of cheese and heat was so great that I just couldn't stop eating. Mmmmm!
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheese smell, with some tanginess from the hot peppers, but not any heat.
From the package: “Better Made was founded in Detroit as Cross & Peters Company, Inc. on August 1, 1930. In 1934, there were over twenty potato chip companies in Detroit, today only Better Made remains. We are proud to have survived and prospered through the years as a Union plant drawing many of our employees from the surrounding urban area.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Better Made Snack Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road