Taste test: These were fairly standard oats-and-crisp-rice granola bars — it looked like there was no Special K cereal in them — some some very dark bits of blueberry added as well, at least on first glance. The feel was a lot like Quaker Chewy Granola Bars, though maybe a bit less dense. There was some blueberry taste, in a good way, because I only sometimes like the taste of blueberry, and I did like this.
The weird thing was that although the picture of a bar on the front of the box showed blueberries in the bar (and the bar itself looked pretty much like that picture), the picture next to the bar seemed to show blueberries, cranberries and apple slices. And the ingredients listed both Apples and Cranberries before anything blueberry. And when they did list blueberry — two ways — it was as Blueberry Juice Concentrate and Blueberry Puree. So maybe the things that looked like blueberries were really blueberry-flavored cranberries. But when it came to naming the bar, blueberry won the day for some reason, even if those things were really blueberry-flavored cranberries.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice blueberry smell.
From the package: “Say hello to new Special K® chewy snack bars” ... “Our deliciously chewy-with-a-hint-of-crisp bars are full of the good stuff for a satisfying snack you'll love. It's 100 calories of yum.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (71 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road