Pop-Tarts Froot Loops Flavor
Taste test: These's something about the taste of Froot Loops that has always been irresistible to me. I don't stock much cereal in my kitchen, but on the rare occasions when I buy some Froot Loops, the box gets emptied very quickly, with bowls consumed at many meals that aren't breakfast (not to mention snacktime). Thus, I couldn't resist trying a Froot Loops-flavored Pop-Tart.
The Pop-Tarts had a fairly typical configuation, with a beige pastry base and a white frosting on one side, but they spiffed them up with edible ink in Froot Loops-themed designs. The six designs were a stand-up Toucan Sam; his bow tie; eyeglasses made from Froot Loops; the "I'm with Sam" slogan; a spoon splashing into milk with Froot Loops pieces; and a whole bunch of Froot Loops pieces.
I bit in to find that the filling did a pretty good job of capturing that special taste that constitutes Froot Loops cereal. Given that I very closely associate that taste with the sensation of eating actual cereal, it was a bit odd to experience it while eating a Pop-Tart. It seemed even sweeter, but still, it tasted like Froot Loops. If you're craving just that taste, this might do the job.
Shop: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Yes, smells like Froot Loops! (But mild.)
From the package: “6 unique designs!” ... “Images on Pop-Tarts® made with FD&C approved food coloring.” ... “Limited edition flavor” ... “Natural fruit flavor”
Online store: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (29 snacks)
- All Froot Loops (7 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road