Taste test: Taquitos.net is not in the cereal review business because, frankly, keeping track of the latest snacks keeps us busy enough. But we've reviewed lots of snacks made with cereal, and this version of Froot Loops was very explicitly formulated and packaged as a snacking version of the delicious cereal.
I'm a huge fan of Froot Loops — put a box of them in front of me, and I'll eat bowl after bowl. When they made a Pop-Tarts version, I ate it up. So I was eager to try the new snacking version.
This wasn't the first extra-big, snacking version of Froot Loops; way back in 2000, we reviewed Snack Ums Froot Loops to much acclaim. The Jumbo Snax weren't as large as those, bringing the diameter from quarter-size to nickel-size. Size aside, they followed the standard Froot Loops formula, with yellow, green, blue, orange, red and purple versions, all lightly frosted. Even bigger was even better, but this size still worked well for snacking, as it was big enough that holding one piece with the fingertips felt much more comfortable than the regular-sized cereal. They tasted and felt just like Froot Loops, just bigger. Add the resealable bag, and this worked well for multiple snacking sessions.
Also available in Corn Pops, Apple Jacks and Tiger Paws versions!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Same great smell as regular Froot Loops. Love it.
From the package: “Jumbo Size perfect for snacking!” ... “Shareable resealable” ... “Delicious!” ... “Your favorite cereal is now perfect for snacking!” ... “About 12 handfuls (20 pieces each) per bag!” ... “Contains a bioengineered food ingredient”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Froot Loops (7 snacks)
- All Kellogg's Jumbo Snax (4 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (439 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (157 snacks)
- Larger versions of smaller snacks (21 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road