Chex Mix Max'd Buffalo Ranch
Taste test: This version of Chex Mix promised hot and spicy Buffalo-flavored Chex, along with ranch-flavored everything else, which consisted of more Chex, plus pretzel rings, 2x2 grid pretzels and melba toast. The Buffalo pieces really stood out visually from the rest with a very bright orange color.
I tried some of the non-orange Chex first and found that they seemed to be of the wheat and corn varieties, and had a mild ranch flavor, then a surprising minor hot aftertaste (perhaps as a result of a slight ruboff of the orange seasoning from the Buffalo ones). The ranch taste was more noticeable on the melba toast.
The Buffalo Chex had quite a lot of seasoning caked on. When I crunched in initially, there were some tangy spices, but it was muted in terms of heat — then the heat arrived in earnest in the aftertaste for a fairly strong kick. When I tried putting combining both ranch and Buffalo into the same bite, I did notice some of the intended hot-and-cool. A good mix!
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A hint of the Buffalo wings flavor, but not in a spicy way.
From the package: “Flavor blasted Buffalo Chex pieces with cool & creamy ranch flavored pieces for maximum flavor!” ... “Naturally flavored” ... “Two Flavors, One Intense Taste!” ... “Partially Produced with Genetic Engineering” ... “Mix it up! May have settled some on its way to you.”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Pretzels (550 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (157 snacks)
- Party Mixes (131 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (123 snacks)
- Buffalo Wing Chips (88 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at 7-Eleven. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road