Chex Mix Hot & Spicy Ghost Pepper
Taste test: Having eaten the tiniest bit of an actual Ghost Pepper, I know that the heat bar should be pretty high when evaluating a snack that claims a Ghost Pepper taste. We've had some notable failures in that regard.
I checked the Ingredients before opening the bag, and there was no mention of Ghost Pepper (nor any other specific pepper), so that didn't seem like a good sign.
I opened the bag to find that it contained Chex cereal with some noticeable seasoning on them, along with square grid pretzels, pumpernickel Melba toast, short squiggly pretzel sticks and small circular pretzels. I grabbed a bunch of different stuff and crunched in to find a mix of sweetness and some heat in the seasoning, but it was far, far short of ghost pepper heat. Some additional heat kicked in for an aftertaste, hotter than before, and maybe as hot as Chex mix has ever gotten — but still very weak by Ghost Pepper standards.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nothing great, it seemed almost like the Melba toast with the dominant smell.
From the package: “Partially Produced with Genetic Engineering” ... “Your taste buds are saying they want something hot and spicy. Your mind is telling you it's bored with ordinary snack choices. Your hand naturally reaches into a bag of Chex Mix trade and voila … snack craving solved.”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1037 snacks)
- Pretzels (547 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (156 snacks)
- Party Mixes (131 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Grocery Outlet. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Nuttoz Roasted Chana Masala
- Wibisco Shirley Biscuits
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road