Chex Mix Chipotle Cheddar
Taste test: This version of Chex Mix had the same assortment of snack types as the original, with Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, small pretzel rings, 2x2 grid pretzels, squiggly bread sticks and thin triangular cheese crackers.
The chipotle cheddar seasoning turned out to be tasty and reasonably hot, though it seemed more hot than cheesy, and it hardly adhered to the pretzels at all. For the other types, the amount of seasoning varied widely from one instance to the next. The Chex, in particular, had some pieces that were clearly packed with powder and others with hardly any. The blandness of the pretzels detracted from the mix, but otherwise, this was a tasty combo.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely can smell the hot peppers.
From the package: “Experience a cheesy chipotle flavor rush of tastes and textures like never before! Chex Mix® brings you the more interesting chipotle cheddar snacking experience. Chex Mix® is a bag of interesting!™” ... “Mix it up! Product may have settled during shipping”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Party Mixes (135 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (46 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road