Taste test: This chocolate bar had a trapezoidal profile, much like the original Wispa, but the Gold version promised a layer of caramel inside, in addition to the customary aerated Wispa chocolate.
I bit in to find a nice soft feel, not as airy as Aero but still with a fairly low density, and I could definitely taste that there was some caramel in there with the chocolate, a nice combination as usual. The surprise came when I pulled the bar away from my mouth — that caramel layer was quite liquidy, stretching out into a string of caramel after each bite and creating the potential for a sticky, sugary mess. The taste was excellent, so this is one not to miss for fans of milk chocolate and caramel, but you might have to be careful how and where you eat it.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Great chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “The Wispa you love with a cheeky caramel layer” ... “Milk chocolate: milk solids 14% minimum. Contains vegetable fats in addition to cocoa butter.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road