Werther's Original Soft Caramels
Taste test: These caramels had square-ish profiles and came in a slightly fancier individual packaging than most, with the pieces' wrappers consisting of a wax paper inner wrapper, covered in the middle area by a gold foil label that included the Werther's logo.
I unwrapped my first one to find that the caramel color was a bit darker than the pieces shown on the package. I bit in to find a soft, chewy feel and a great caramel taste that was a bit less sweet than typical caramel, creamy and extremely delicious. What stood out most was the texture, which was so incredibly smooth against the tongue. Great!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Soft and Creamy Caramels made with Real Butter and Fresh Cream” ... “5 Pieces Per Serving” ... “Made in Germany” ... “The Old World Recipe®” ... “A long time ago, in the small European village of Werther, candy-maker Gustav Nebel created his first candy. He use the best ingredients — real butter, fresh cream, white and brown sugar, a pinch of salt and a lot of time — to create a treasure worthy of being wrapped in gold.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Germany (60 reviews)
- Caramel Snacks (355 snacks)
- Soft Candy (76 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road