Werther's Original Caramel Apple Filled
Taste test: These candies promised the same caramel as the excellent just-hard-candy version but added apple filling to recreate the taste of a caramel apple. They had the same light caramel color exteriors, but in a more conventional hard candy shape.
That exterior felt super smooth in the mouth and had the same delicious caramel taste. It took a bit of sucking before the creamy interior emerged in places, at which point the remaining hard candy was thin enough to bite into. The taste was quite good, nicely sweet apple and caramel, much less messy than eating a real caramel apple!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Classic Hard Caramel Candy with Creamy Apple Flavored Filling” ... “2 Pieces Per Serving About 6 Servings Per Bag” ... “Made in Germany” ... “Caution: Hard candies may be inadvertently swallowed and cause choking.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Storck USA L.P.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Germany (60 reviews)
- Caramel Snacks (355 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (56 snacks)
- Hard Candy (17 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road