Taste test: This movie/game-themed box contained capsule-shaped candies similar in shape to Hot Tamales or Mike and Ike, and they came in two colors — teal blue and bright red.
My expectation was that the red pieces were really just Hot Tamales and the blue ones some flavor of Mike and Ike. However, when I tried my first red piece, there was a cherry flavor and not really any cinnamon or heat. Some mild cinnamon heat did arrive in the aftertaste, but the very tasty mix of flavors was still quite different from standard Hot Tamales. The first blue one had a different fruit taste than the red, with no cinnamon heat. But as I ate more pieces, I discovered that the hot aftertaste was the X factor here — for both colors, some pieces had it, and others did not. That element of surprise did add a nice twist to things. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly sweet and fruity with some cinnamon too.
From the package: “From the makers of Hot Tamales® brand and Mike and Ike® brand”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road