Taste test: This movie/game-themed box contained capsule-shaped candies similar in shape to Hot Tamales or Mike and Ike, and they came in two colors — teal blue and bright red.
My expectation was that the red pieces were really just Hot Tamales and the blue ones some flavor of Mike and Ike. However, when I tried my first red piece, there was a cherry flavor and not really any cinnamon or heat. Some mild cinnamon heat did arrive in the aftertaste, but the very tasty mix of flavors was still quite different from standard Hot Tamales. The first blue one had a different fruit taste than the red, with no cinnamon heat. But as I ate more pieces, I discovered that the hot aftertaste was the X factor here — for both colors, some pieces had it, and others did not. That element of surprise did add a nice twist to things. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly sweet and fruity with some cinnamon too.
From the package: “From the makers of Hot Tamales® brand and Mike and Ike® brand”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Chili + Lime
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road