Taste test: This was one of the smallest chocolate bars we've seen outside of a multi-pack, at just 1/4 ounce, and yet it still cost a whopping 99 cents, but the lure of chocolate and real bacon made this purchase inevitable.
I opened the wrapper to find that the bar was just under an inch square and fairly thick, with a dark chocolate color and generally smooth surfaces, with some bubbles on the bottom, some odd markings on the top. There was no bacon visible from the outside. The bar felt melty on the fingertips.
I bit in to find a sweet and smooth dark chocolate taste, with lots of bacon in the bar, some of it chewy, some of it crunchy. The smoky bacon wasn't super-strong, but it did mix nicely with the dark chocolate. Tasty. Probably would have easily been able to eat much more of this if I had bought a bigger bar!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice smoky bacon smell mixed in with the chocolate.
From the package: “uncured smoked bacon + Alderwood smoked salt + 62% dark chocolate”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Vosges Haut Chocolat
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at City Convenience, Allston Village, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road