Taste test: This was one of the smallest chocolate bars we've seen outside of a multi-pack, at just 1/4 ounce, and yet it still cost a whopping 99 cents, but the lure of chocolate and real bacon made this purchase inevitable.
I opened the wrapper to find that the bar was just under an inch square and fairly thick, with a dark chocolate color and generally smooth surfaces, with some bubbles on the bottom, some odd markings on the top. There was no bacon visible from the outside. The bar felt melty on the fingertips.
I bit in to find a sweet and smooth dark chocolate taste, with lots of bacon in the bar, some of it chewy, some of it crunchy. The smoky bacon wasn't super-strong, but it did mix nicely with the dark chocolate. Tasty. Probably would have easily been able to eat much more of this if I had bought a bigger bar!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice smoky bacon smell mixed in with the chocolate.
From the package: “uncured smoked bacon + Alderwood smoked salt + 62% dark chocolate”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Vosges Haut Chocolat
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road