Unreal Peanut Butter Cups
Taste test: This fairly large bag contained just 12 peanut butter cups (and lots of air), as each one was the size of a standard Reese's, and they were individually wrapped in a printed foil wrapper.
I opened my first one to find that the cups looked pretty much like Reese's but had the highly stylized Unreal logo stamped into the bottom. I bit in to find sort of a meltiness to the chocolate and almost a mushy feel overall, as the chocolate and peanut butter had pretty much the same texture. One of the (many) nice things about Reese's is the contrasting textures. I could taste both the peanut butter and the chocolate, but neither taste was all that notable. I've eaten many, many Reese's during my career, as well as a number of competitive products, and although these were not horrible, I didn't like the taste or texture as much as Reese's, and it was below average among the various competitors.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good peanut butter and chocolate smell.
From the package: “Until now, taking out the junk meant taking out the taste. Now you can have your favorite candy without the junk. Oh, and b e sure to compare the sugar and nutritional info vs. your favorite candy.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Unreal Brands, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Peanut Butter Snacks (341 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road