Taste test: Based on the "Chocolate Caramel Peanut Nougat Bar" description, we figured this was supposed to be Unreal's "Unjunked" version of a Snickers bar.
They also make a similar product that skips the peanuts. Unlike Unreal's peanut butter cups, which had the strange Unreal logo on the bottom of the cups, this bar didn't have the logo anywhere on the bar itself. I bit in to find a pretty good taste, but the bar seemed kind of dry, and something about it tasted like dark chocolate, despite the fact that Unreal didn't claim it had any. I could feel and taste some caramel, but it didn't seem that sweet or smooth. The nuts tasted more like actual roasted peanuts than the usual peanuts inside a candy bar. The overall feel and taste didn't remind me much of a Snickers, but there was nothing particularly negative about it, just different.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice. Similar to Snickers, with chocolate, peanuts and caramel.
From the package: “no artificials no hydrogenateds no corn syrups no preservatives no GMOs” ... “manufactured in Canada”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Unreal Brands, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1812 snacks)
- Bars (957 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (346 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
This snack was discovered by Colleen. Review published May 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road