Taste test: This metal box contained two clear bags, each holding three enormous squares of Peppermint Bark.
Each piece had a thick layer of dark chocolate and a slightly-less-thick layer of white fudge. The fudge layer had small fragments of broken candy cane stuck to the surface. The taste was really good, but the act of eating these became something of an adventure. The pieces were quite large and required some force to break apart, and the sharp bits of candy cane made doing so particularly difficult, as they stuck like glass shards into the fingertips. A better bet might be putting inside a paper bag and end breaking it apart, or even hitting it with a hammer. I ended up breaking each piece into quarters, and then splitting each quarter in half, and that made for pieces that were manageable to crunch into. At that size, the eating experience was very good, and the taste was spectacular to match.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, really nice dark chocolate and peppermint smell. Great!
From the package: “Old Fashioned Handmade” ... “A colorful confection with a candy cane complexion. Peppermint-infused dark chocolate; white truffle fudge atop it. Pure perfection? No objection.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road