Taste test: This bar had a similar Snickers-like look to the Trader Joe's Boffo, with the same overall shape, plus an extra drizzle of chocolate atop the chocolate-coated bar. Oddly, the drizzle and the rest of the coating were the same color; it looked like milk chocolate, but the wrapper said it was dark.
I bit in to find a soft, chewy feel, though a fairly dense one, with a rich mix of caramel, nougat and chocolate. The interior was light beige (presumably the nougat) for the bottom two-thirds and caramel for the top third. Was it milk chocolate or dark? I couldn't easily tell by taste — it had a nice creaminess, so it didn't jump out to me as dark chocolate. Whatever chocolate it was, it mixed nicely with the caramel and nougat. Very good, especially with cold milk.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice marshmallow and chocolate smell.
From the package: “With whipped chocolate nougat and rich caramel enrobed in dark chocolate” ... “Contains milk, egg, soy. May contain traces of wheat, peanut.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road