Taste test: This bar had a similar Snickers-like look to the Trader Joe's Boffo, with the same overall shape, plus an extra drizzle of chocolate atop the chocolate-coated bar. Oddly, the drizzle and the rest of the coating were the same color; it looked like milk chocolate, but the wrapper said it was dark.
I bit in to find a soft, chewy feel, though a fairly dense one, with a rich mix of caramel, nougat and chocolate. The interior was light beige (presumably the nougat) for the bottom two-thirds and caramel for the top third. Was it milk chocolate or dark? I couldn't easily tell by taste — it had a nice creaminess, so it didn't jump out to me as dark chocolate. Whatever chocolate it was, it mixed nicely with the caramel and nougat. Very good, especially with cold milk.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice marshmallow and chocolate smell.
From the package: “With whipped chocolate nougat and rich caramel enrobed in dark chocolate” ... “Contains milk, egg, soy. May contain traces of wheat, peanut.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road