Taste test: These looked like oversized jelly beans, each with the characteristic bean shape but about 3/4-inch long. They had three different varieties of textured exterior, all including a milk chocolate brown: gray/brown, green/brown and brown/another shade of brown.
When I ate my first one, I felt some light crunch to go along with the generally soft feel, so I then ate half a piece to see a cross-section, revealing some sort of crushed nuts. An examination of the ingredients indicated that those were almonds. While reading those ingredients, some of them sounded quite scary (see below!), but still, these Magic Beans tasted really good! A great mix of chocolate, various other sweet things and crushed nuts made for some Magic Beans.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much, just vaguely chocolatey.
From the package: “Chocolate covered nougat beans” ... “Ingredients: Sugar (Crystallized and Liquid), Cocoa Butter, Dry Whole Milk, Cocoa Mass, Almonds, Dextrose (Wheat or Corn), Clarified Butter, Shellac Coating (Ethanol, Shellac, Coconut Oil), Coating (Gum Arabic, Water, Sucrose, Glucose Syrup [Wheat], Coconut Oil, Ethanol, Citric Acid [acidity regulator]), Soy Lecithin, Glucose Syrup (Wheat or Corn), Colors (Titanium Dioxide, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vegetable Juice), Natural Vanilla Flavor (Vanilla, Invert Sugar, Water, Saccharose, Gum Arabic, Citric Acid), Citric Acid (acidity regulator).” ... “Product of France”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road