Trader Joe's Fireworks Chocolate Bar
Taste test: This dark chocolate bar promised some sort of hot pepper element, plus Pop Rocks-like explosions, so that was easily enough to set it apart from the crowd of dark chocolate bars. The large bar was fairly thin and came with a 2x4 section grid, with no special markings atop each of the large sections. The surfaces of the bar were smooth, with no sign of ay hot peppers or explosive bits jutting out of the surfaces.
I bit in to find a nice good dark chocolate taste, but no particular heat. This was soon followed by a long period of stuff popping — not huge explosive pops, but tiny pops that felt like they were all over my head. There was some mild heat in the aftertaste, but not a lot. Since the wrapper said "a touch of heat," I don't think I can say that they oversold the heat. A good taste and a fun way to add some extra sensory interest to a chocolate bar!
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet dark chocolate smell.
From the package: “Rich dark chocolate with a touch of heat and a popping sensation that will ignite your senses” ... “Like any good romance, Trader Joe's Fireworks Chocolate bar is sweet and hot, with just enough explosive moments to keep things interesting. Share with your true love, or keep the Fireworks all to yourself!”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road