Taste test: This "bark" was basically a huge dark chocolate bar with lots of stuff (the "collection") piled on top. That pile included small peanut butter cups, caramel corn, bits of pretzel, almonds and a drizzle of even more dark chocolate.
The bar was fairly solid and took some strength to break apart, but I wouldn't quite classify it as a bark. I would classify it as quite good — the mix of tastes and textures between the thick underlying bar and the mostly crunchy stuff on top was excellent. This could work well as a dessert split among a whole bunch of people.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice dark chocolate smell.
From the package: “Dark chocolate bark with layers of mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups, Pretzels, caramel popcorn and crushed almonds” ... “Dare we say this is an exercitation in the pairing of many a dandy, not merely candy, a bark as no other bark could be conceived, nay, dreamed -- as a dream within a dream -- rampant with mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups, replete with pretzels ... a divine concoction that no mere mortal could to try ...”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Corn (126 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road