Trader Joe's Candy Coated Chocolate Drops
Taste test: This candy was clearly Trader Joe's take on M&M's, but as you'd expect from TJ's, they didn't make it a strict imitation. The most noticeable change was the colors. There were seven different ones — yellow, green, blue, light purple, dark purple, orange and red — and they were much more muted than the bright M&M's colors.
I was anticipating that they would replace the M's with a split between T's and J's (like their sour gummies), but they did not; nothing was printed on the surfaces. The colorings listed in the ingredients were much different from the ones typically seen on ingredient lists. The milk chocolate taste was definitely different from M&M's, probably a bit less appealing to me than the M&M's chocolate, but still good milk chocolate.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild chocolate smell.
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road