Trader Joe's Candy Coated Chocolate Drops
Taste test: This candy was clearly Trader Joe's take on M&M's, but as you'd expect from TJ's, they didn't make it a strict imitation. The most noticeable change was the colors. There were seven different ones — yellow, green, blue, light purple, dark purple, orange and red — and they were much more muted than the bright M&M's colors.
I was anticipating that they would replace the M's with a split between T's and J's (like their sour gummies), but they did not; nothing was printed on the surfaces. The colorings listed in the ingredients were much different from the ones typically seen on ingredient lists. The milk chocolate taste was definitely different from M&M's, probably a bit less appealing to me than the M&M's chocolate, but still good milk chocolate.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild chocolate smell.
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1753 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road