Tom Tom Strong Menthol Flavoured Candy
Taste test: These candies from Nigeria had mostly black exteriors with some stripes of white, shaped like a typeset letter O (tall, rather than round, with the center of the O recessed from the letter part, but not hollow). The taste was a very strong menthol, quite intense. The bag came with 50 individually wrapped pieces, and since I couldn't even eat one whole piece, I had to share them! Most people refused to try, but those who did all found the flavor far too intense.
I can't say that I wasn't warned! When I bought the bag of 50 pieces, the store's proprietor gave me a look to say "Do you really want to buy these?" and offered a free one to try from the bin of individual pieces at the register. It was pretty shocking, but since this would become the first-ever snack we've reviewed from Nigeria, I chose to buy the bag anyway.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild, but smells like a menthol cough drop.
From the package: “To be enjoyed as part of a healthy, active lifestyle.” ... “Choking warning: Not for children under 4 years.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Cadbury Nigeria plc (Nigeria)
Categories for this snack:
- from Nigeria
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kaba African Market, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road