Taste test: These sunflower seed butter cups had the same form factor as Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, with the same two cups to a pack, and from the outside the look of the cups was very similar.
I bit in to find that even the interior looked a lot like a Reese's, as there was a smooth milk chocolate exterior and a creamy filling made from sunflower seeds that didn't look much different from peanut butter. The taste was definitely different from peanut butter, though not vastly so. It seemed saltier (and obviously tasted like sunflower seeds) but it was not bad at all, definitely a taste I could get used to. The sunflower butter was smoother than the thick peanut butter that Reese's uses. A good alternative if you need to avoid peanuts.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good, actually not all that different from the smell of a Reese's.
From the package: “Made in Colorado” ... “The package has been created from home-compostable film, certified to OK Compost's Home Composting Standard.” ... “We use chocolate made from equitably-traded cacao, for which farmers have been paid a premium over commodity market prices.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road