Taste test: These sunflower seed butter cups had the same form factor as Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, with the same two cups to a pack, and from the outside the look of the cups was very similar.
I bit in to find that even the interior looked a lot like a Reese's, as there was a smooth milk chocolate exterior and a creamy filling made from sunflower seeds that didn't look much different from peanut butter. The taste was definitely different from peanut butter, though not vastly so. It seemed saltier (and obviously tasted like sunflower seeds) but it was not bad at all, definitely a taste I could get used to. The sunflower butter was smoother than the thick peanut butter that Reese's uses. A good alternative if you need to avoid peanuts.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good, actually not all that different from the smell of a Reese's.
From the package: “Made in Colorado” ... “The package has been created from home-compostable film, certified to OK Compost's Home Composting Standard.” ... “We use chocolate made from equitably-traded cacao, for which farmers have been paid a premium over commodity market prices.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Sweets & Snacks Expo, Chicago. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road