Streit's (Not Really) Gefilte Fish Gummy Candy
Taste test: These snacks really weren't anything like gefilte fish, as they contained no actual fish, didn't taste like fish, and — unlike gefilte fish — they actually were shaped like fish.
They were just a gummy candy that was kind of a knockoff of Swedish Fish, but not quite the same. They had the same red color, a similar shape and size, and a similar very good fruity flavor. The texture was quite different, as they were softer and easier to chew than Swedish fish, and they also didn't have the word Swedish written across each piece. Oddly, there was also one — and only one — much smaller fish, about the size of a Goldfish — in the bag.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild fruit juice smell.
From the package: “Soft & Chewy” ... “Product of Israel”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Aron Streit, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Israel (110 reviews)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (370 snacks)
- Seafood Chips (136 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (57 snacks)
- Passover Snacks (34 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at The Butchery, Brookline. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Takis Blue Heat
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Jays Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
- Kit Kat Birthday Cake
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road