Taste test: The thing about candy corn is, we eat it once a year, and nobody really like it all that much, but it's sweet and reasonably inoffensive, so we keep eating every year when that time of the year comes around. There have been some slight variations on candy corn, but most have been fairly minor changes.
This creation from Starburst was a bigger departure from normal candy corn. The four different flavors in the bag — cherry, orange, strawberry and lemon — each had a white tip, with the full brightness of the flavor's color at the wide end and a transitional color in between. Most of the pieces in the bag followed that pattern, anyway; several were deformed. The texture was a lot like regular candy corn, but the fruit flavors were definitely fruitier and stronger. The flavors were kind of like Starburst Fruit Chews, but Fruit Chews maintain a good non-too-sweet level of sugar, while these were a bit over the top, really too sweet.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Starburst Fruit Chews.
From the package: “cherry, orange, strawberry & lemon natural & artificial flavors” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Candy Corn (11 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road