Taste test: This version of Snickers tinkered with the classic formula by getting rid of the caramel entirely.
So what remained inside was peanuts, nougat and peanut butter, still coated in chocolate. While it was the same length and width as regular Snickers, it wasn't as thick, with a total weight of just 1.71 ounces. So mostly, they just kept everything the same with the other ingredients and got rid of the caramel. The taste didn't seem entirely different from the original Snickers, but the more I thought about it, the more I could notice the lack of caramel. It did seem a little dryer than Snickers, but not so dry as to be a problem. Pretty good, but one of the things that makes Snickers so good is the caramel, so I don't really see the point of getting rid of it.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
From the package: “Milk Chocolate, Peanuts and Creamy Peanut Butter Taste” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Snickers (31 snacks)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Bars (954 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road