Taste test: This limited edition version of Snickers boasted a green filling as a movie tie-in with Shrek the Third. Upon opening the wrapper, it looked just like a regular Snickers, as the outside was the usual milk chocolate color.
I bit in to find that they had taken the usual bottom layer of nougat and somehow turned it a dull shade of green that reminded me of wasabi. The top layer of peanuts and caramel was the same color as usual, as was the chocolate layer covering the whole exterior. The taste was the same as regular Snickers. Making such a well established candy bar green seems like a fun, off-beat idea, but this change was too subtle to impress me. Next time, they should make the outside of the Snickers green.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a regular Snickers bar.
From the package: “Same Snickers® taste!” ... “DreamWorks Shrek the Third” .... “Shrek is a registered trademark of DreamWorks Animation LLC”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley
Categories for this snack:
- All Snickers (32 snacks)
- Chocolate (1824 snacks)
- Bars (962 snacks)
- Nuts (517 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (355 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road