Taste test: When Reese's tried to make a pumpkin shape, they failed badly, so the challenge here was to see if Snickers could do better.
Like the Reese's pack, this one promised two pumpkins, but instead of making the pumpkins wide, they were tall (and placed sideways). Instead of relying just on the shape of the bar, Snickers added some jack-o-lantern markings, so these looked unambiguously like pumpkins. The bottom of the bar was flat.
The internals of the bars were different from standard Snickers, and also different from what I expected based on what it said on the wrapper. There was a surprise layer of what seemed to be peanut butter on the bottom, topped by a thicker caramel layer, with peanuts somewhere within the two layers. There didn't seem to be very many actual peanut, though. The chocolate walls surrounding all of this were quite thick. The taste was pretty good, similar to Snickers but with a different balance of elements.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, lots of caramel, plus some chocolate and peanut.
From the package: “Milk chocolate with creamy caramel and peanuts” ... “2 to go”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Snickers (31 snacks)
- Chocolate (1812 snacks)
- Bars (957 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (346 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road