Taste test: This special version of Snickers was actually four square mini-bars, arranged end-to-end to make for an extra-long package. The squares were slightly irregular, but they generally measured about 1-3/8 inches on each side, and about 3/4 inch thick. The label promised to include three of the elements of the original Snickers — chocolate on the outside, and filled with caramel and peanuts — while leaving out the nougat and substituting Rice Krispies-like things.
I bit in to find some of the crunch that's typical of a 100 Grand bar, but with a density closer to a regular Snickers. The mix of tastes was quite good, though at times I couldn't really notice the peanuts, so it was very close to a 100 Grand bar in that way. In fact, there was a limited version 100 Grand with Peanuts, and it was even closer to that.
They classified the whole package as two servings, meaning each square was half a serving. But even one square was quite a hit of chocolate, caramel and peanuts, so — depending, of course, on how many bags of chips you've just eaten — one or two squares could be plenty for a satisfying snack.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells a lot like a $100 Grand bar.
From the package: “4 to Go” ... “Crisp Rice • Milk Chocolate • Caramel • Peanuts”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Snickers (31 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (157 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road