Taste test: This limited edition of the Snickers bar seemed positively huge, as the wrapper contained two bars packaged end-to-end.
Curious about what 3X meant, we read the wrapper to find that it had the same four elements as a regular Snickers (milk chocolate, nougat, caramel and peanuts) except that they somehow chocolofied the nougat and caramel so that they could claim three different kinds of chocolate. We bit in to find that it had a similar feel to normal Snickers, but a bit denser and chewier, while also tasting quite a bit more chocolatey. If you like the taste of the nougat and caramel in a Snickers and the balance that they provide, the change may seem a bit unneeded; it's not as if Snickers doesn't have enough chocolate. But having said that, this bar was quite good as well, as it really hit on all cylinders with chocolate without overdoing things — it's the Snickers you should reach for if you're specifically looking for a kick of chocolate. Even better with some cold milk.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “Milk Chocolate • Chocolate Flavored Nougat • Chocolate Caramel • Peanuts” ... “2 To Go” ... “Save One for Later” ... “Twist to Close”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1766 snacks)
- Bars (940 snacks)
- Nuts (507 snacks)
- Limited Editions (411 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (336 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Nuttoz Roasted Chana Masala
- Wibisco Shirley Biscuits
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road