Taste test: This limited edition of the Snickers bar seemed positively huge, as the wrapper contained two bars packaged end-to-end.
Curious about what 3X meant, we read the wrapper to find that it had the same four elements as a regular Snickers (milk chocolate, nougat, caramel and peanuts) except that they somehow chocolofied the nougat and caramel so that they could claim three different kinds of chocolate. We bit in to find that it had a similar feel to normal Snickers, but a bit denser and chewier, while also tasting quite a bit more chocolatey. If you like the taste of the nougat and caramel in a Snickers and the balance that they provide, the change may seem a bit unneeded; it's not as if Snickers doesn't have enough chocolate. But having said that, this bar was quite good as well, as it really hit on all cylinders with chocolate without overdoing things — it's the Snickers you should reach for if you're specifically looking for a kick of chocolate. Even better with some cold milk.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “Milk Chocolate • Chocolate Flavored Nougat • Chocolate Caramel • Peanuts” ... “2 To Go” ... “Save One for Later” ... “Twist to Close”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road