Snappers Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt
Taste test: This version of the Snappers clusters had grid pretzels held together by caramel, much like the other varieties, with a thick dark chocolate coating on the bottom and a drizzle of chocolate on the top. The clusters looked quite nice, with a better appearance and less of the stuck-together-clusters issues than the peanut version. Indeed, they looked almost a nice as the ones pictured on the front of the bag. One thing we could easily see in those pictures but not so much in real life was the sprinkling of sea salt atop each cluster, as it was much less obvious than shown.
I crunched in to find a nice chewy feel from the caramel, with a light crunch from the pretzels and a good amount of chocolate. I'm pretty sure that I could taste some of the salt. I'm not the biggest fan of dark chocolate, but with all of that caramel, I could hardly notice what kind of chocolate it was. Very good!
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong dark chocolate smell. Couldn't even notice the caramel.
From the package: “Crunchy and salty and sweet!” ... “100 Year Old Family Recipe” ... “Snappers are inspired by our childhood. Growing up, we watched our parents make our favorite chocolate confections, Turtles, at the family chocolate factory. Those memories inspired a new, innovative twist on a classic treat — the perfect blend of creamy caramel, decadent dark chocolate, and the salty crunch of pretzels.”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Company: Edward Marc Brands
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (345 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road