Taste test: This small candy bar immediately grabbed my attention when I spotted one near the cash register. Eating the same stuff that zombies eat? Count me in!
There were some odd things about how the bar was labeled and packaged. It was branded as Sky Bar, but other than being made by the same company, it really was nothing like a Sky Bar: different shape, just one type of filling, and even the filling wasn't the same as any of the four in a Sky Bar.
Also, the label was a bit confusing, as each wrapper promised "assortment of brains, feet, and hearts" but each one contained just one of those body parts. Those words would have made sense on a multi-pack of these (if such a thing exists) rather than the individual bars.
Thankfully, I made the decision (even before realizing the meaning of "assortment" here) to buy two of them, and I did manage to get two different shapes — one brain and one heart. The shapes were flat on the bottoms but otherwise fairly detailed and looked pretty good. I bit into the heart to find a soft, slightly dark red interior. It was sort of a caramel creme — not the gooey, liquidy feel of caramel at all, and not that much of a recognizable caramel taste either, but still pretty good. The brain had the same filling and was pretty much the same, other than the fact that I was eating a brain rather than a heart. Someday, maybe I'll get to eat a foot too.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “Milk chocolate filled assortment of brains, feet, and hearts filled with oozy red caramel”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Crosby's Marketplace, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts. Review published September 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road