Skippy P.B. Bites Double Peanut Butter
Taste test: This jar was shaped roughly like a peanut butter jar and said "Skippy" on it, but it wasn't a jar of peanut butter. Instead, it had not-particularly-spherical balls, averaging a half-in in diameter, that had a peanut butter color on the outside and promised a "peanut butter flavored center with peanut butter coating."
I didn't really know what that meant, so I just opened it up, grabbed one and bit in to find out. There seemed to be three things going on: the outer PB coating, a thin layer in between that looked like it was maybe chocolate, and a soft core also made from peanut butter, with a similar texture but a slightly darker color. I thought at first that maybe the center was sweeter than the outside, but when I sucked away the outside on one, it seemed just the opposite, maybe less sweet. Anyway, the feel was soft throughout, and the taste and texture were quite good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild peanut butter smell.
From the package: “portable, pop-able snacks completely covered in Skippy® peanut butter coating”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Hormel Foods Sales, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road