Taste test: These gummies immediately stood out for their incredibly clever name, which was very obviously derived from Swedish Fish, and yet was different enough that the legal department at Trader Joe's probably won't be getting a cease-and-desist letter anytime soon. Unlike Swedish Fish, which are all shaped like fish (and usually are all one color), this bag delivered four very different shapes, each with its own color.
The shapes were very nicely formed. The red ones were shaped like lobsters, with sort of an apple-like taste; orange, rock fish, with a definite orange or tangerine-like flavor; yellow, seahorses, not quite sure what it tasted liked, but it seemed more like pineapple than lemon; and green, dolphins, with an odd taste that seemed kind of lime-like at times. They all had a nice moist feel, with a different flavor for each one. Very nicely done and enjoyable to eat.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of fruit juice-like, but different from your typical fruit gummies.
From the package: “Inside this nautically bedecked pouch you'll find ocean inspired shapes (lobsters, dolphins, seahorses, and rock fish) in naturally derived derived colors and bright, fruity flavors, all adding up to an aquatic assortment yummy gummy candies you can take with you to the beach or the aquarium. And places without water, too.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Fruit Snacks (423 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (379 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (144 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (59 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Scott Yellow Goldstein at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- Varitas de Verduras
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road