Taste test: These gummies immediately stood out for their incredibly clever name, which was very obviously derived from Swedish Fish, and yet was different enough that the legal department at Trader Joe's probably won't be getting a cease-and-desist letter anytime soon. Unlike Swedish Fish, which are all shaped like fish (and usually are all one color), this bag delivered four very different shapes, each with its own color.
The shapes were very nicely formed. The red ones were shaped like lobsters, with sort of an apple-like taste; orange, rock fish, with a definite orange or tangerine-like flavor; yellow, seahorses, not quite sure what it tasted liked, but it seemed more like pineapple than lemon; and green, dolphins, with an odd taste that seemed kind of lime-like at times. They all had a nice moist feel, with a different flavor for each one. Very nicely done and enjoyable to eat.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of fruit juice-like, but different from your typical fruit gummies.
From the package: “Inside this nautically bedecked pouch you'll find ocean inspired shapes (lobsters, dolphins, seahorses, and rock fish) in naturally derived derived colors and bright, fruity flavors, all adding up to an aquatic assortment yummy gummy candies you can take with you to the beach or the aquarium. And places without water, too.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (70 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road