Sanders Favorites Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel
Taste test: This nugget of chocolate candy had large lumps of sea salt on its surface, with a near-square shape and a dark chocolate exterior.
I bit in to find a nice soft feel and lots of sweet, chewy caramel. But the really cool thing was the salt, as the large pieces of salt meant that the taste buds didn't encounter sea salt evenly on every chew, but sort of randomly and in intense hits. The effect was pretty darn cool, as it gave a new way to experience the contrast between the sweet and salty. So it was kind of like eating a chocolate-covered pretzel, but more impressive in this case, because the salt pieces were bigger, plus the salt was the only non-sweet thing, unlike pretzels that have all of the (neither sweet nor salty) pretzel dough to deal with too.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good dark chocolate smell, extra sweet with some caramel too.
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Sanders Candy
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (343 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road