Taste test: This midsize chocolate bar from the Dominican Republic had five sections, with the Cortes logo atop each one. From the top of the bar, it was all milk chocolate, with no sign of the almonds, but the bottom had some almond-looking bumps in the milk chocolate, though no actual almond showing through.
I bit in to find a lightly crunchy feel, with lots of milk chocolate and almonds to taste. From a cross-section of the bar, it appeared that the almonds were a mix of whole and crushed ones. I liked the taste a lot. Very good!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “Chocolate con Leche y Almendras” ... “Keep in a clean, dry and cool area.” ... “Product of the Dominican Republic.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Dominican Republic (11 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road