Taste test: This fairly large, square chocolate bar promised not just bits of tortilla chips (as mentioned in the name) but also "crunchy corn" (upon a closer reading of the wrapper) embedded inside. The bar had a 4x4 section grid, with the Ritter Sport logo atop each one and signs of presumably the tortilla chips and toasted corn jutting slightly out of the bottom.
I bit in to find that there was indeed quite a lot of corn stuff inside the milk chocolate, adding not just a crunch but also some salty corn taste. The bits of corn things were noticeable in the cross-sections, but the pieces were not as large or prominent as it showed in the picture on the wrapper. That stuff didn't specifically feel either tortilla chips or toasted corn, but it seemed to be closer to tortilla chips, as it wasn't extremely crunchy and even tasted like tortilla chips. The mix of corn and chocolate was nice, and it even had a tortilla chip aftertaste. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild milk chocolate smell. Maybe some corn too.
From the package: “with crunchy corn and pieces of tortilla chips” ... “Product of Germany/Produit d'Allemagne” ... “Quality. Chocolate. Squared.®”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Germany (60 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Corn Kernels (29 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road