Taste test: When I saw this candy bar on the store shelf, I thought it said "Caramelized Onions" and that seemed like quite an odd thing to put into chocolate. I didn't notice until I went to take a picture of it that it actually said "Caramelized Almonds" — which I didn't even know was a thing. If I'd read it correctly in the first place, I might not have bought it. But here we are.
The big, thick square bar had a 4x4 grid of sections, with the Ritter Sport logo atop each one. From the outside, it was all milk chocolate, with no signs of almonds inside other than some bumpiness on the bottom of the bar. Pieces were easy to break off, and they were soft to bite into. The inside appeared to contain crushed almonds, which added a nice light crunch. The milk chocolate was very good. I could definitely feel the almonds, I couldn't really notice any difference in the taste from almonds, let alone caramelized ones.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice milk chocolate smell. Couldn't notice any almonds.
From the package: “Winter Edition” ... “Quality. Chocolate. Squared”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road