Taste test: This bag contained individually wrapped pieces of chewy chocolate caramel covered in chocolate.
Each fairly large piece was wrapped in wax paper bearing the Riesen logo and twisted together at each end. I'm a big fan of the combination of milk chocolate and caramel, and that's what I though this was at first glance, before realizing that it wasn't standard caramel in the center, but rather a chocolate caramel. (The only other chocolate-flavored caramel that comes to mind is Black Cow's very bendable Chocolate Caramel bar.) That change was a big one, as it served to somewhat hide the caramel flavor by mixing in a lot of chocolate. As a result, this tasted very different from the chocolate/caramel combination that I like so much. This tasted good too, with a taste largely its own and quite a bit different from just about all other candies.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
From the package: “For double chocolate indulgence that lasts and lasts, all you need is one good Riesen™. Because under its rich European chocolate is delicious, long-lasting chewy chocolate caramel.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Family Dollar. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road